Why Waiting Until After the Holidays to Sell Isn’t a Smart Decision
Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays. Here are six great reasons not to wait:
- Relocation buyers are out there. Companies are not concerned with holiday time and if the buyers have kids, they want them to get into school after the holidays.
- Purchasers that are looking for a home during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
- Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
- There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
- The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2017, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense. Contact me today to get started on selling your home. It’s easier than you think.
If you need a real estate agent in the Georgetown or Lexington Kentucky area, give me a call! Or maybe you don’t need me right now, but feel free to share my name.
I love referrals!
LeAnn Sink, Realtor®
Call me here… 859.212.6340
Email me here…. email@example.com
Visit me here… www.leannsink.com
I can also set up an email alert from our MLS that sends you properties to look at the second they hit the market. It’s free and it’s fun. FYI! Did you know using me as a buyer’s rep costs you nothing? I get paid by the seller so put me to work for you!